This article will cover how to install and setup your Leadspace Import Tool, as well as how to use it to import your first offline enrichment file.
The Leadspace Import Tool is a new feature that enables easier, automated upload of your Leadspace offline enrichment. Due to the scope of the data set and large file size, it can be difficult to manually map your Leadspace data to the correct SFDC fields. Therefore, it is recommended that upon receiving the file, you import the document using the Leadspace Data Import Tool, which will allow you to automatically map your Leadspace data to the correct columns, without having to manually set the field mapping every time.
The best practice workflow for importing and evaluating your initial data set is as follows:
Before Leadspace can enrich your leads, it is helpful to outline key use cases and data points to help facilitate your desired outcome.
- During your Leadspace scoping call with your Customer Success Manager, determine and outline key routing fields/fields you would like to enrich with more information
- Provide a sample set of data to Leadspace with key routing fields clearly marked
- Leadspace enriches existing data, maintaining your original input fields, and providing analytics against key routing fields
Once you receive your Leadspace enriched data file from the Leadspace analyst team, you can now import this data into your Leadspace designated custom fields in your Sandbox via the Leadspace Data Import Tool. Below are the steps that should be taken during the import process to ensure success.
- Open the "Data Import Tool" tab in your Salesforce Sandbox
- Your Field Mapping file should already be loaded in for you and set up from the initial Leadspace Integration call
- In the File Upload tab, select your mapping template (Lead Creation, Lead Enrichment, Contact Enrichment, or Account Enrichment)
- Then select your Leadspace enriched data file and click Upload
- You can view the progress of your data import in the Upload History tab, including viewing all import error descriptions
Post-Import Evaluation Steps
Now that the Leadspace enriched data exists within your Sandbox, you may evaluate the data by creating a CRM report.
- Create post-import reports to determine KPI's such as:
- Population percentage of key routing fields
- Moved leads vs verified leads
- Population percentage of new email addresses
- Share results with Leadspace team
- Agree whether success criteria has been met
- Implement population logic on the Lead record to update your existing key routing fields with the data in your LS custom fields when empty