In this scenario, we'll set up a Program that includes Segmentation to update Marketing Decision Makers roles based on Leadspace data. The contact will be added based on successful enrichment of Leadspace, and append Role based on the enriched Department and Level. Please note, we'll be updating our Job Role standard contact field, but please choose a field in which you're able to write new values into.
This update rule and canvas may be copied, to support multiple segments and roles, as well support updates on other fields, custom or default, to tag specific individuals with their Segment or Job Role.
Create a Segment
1. In order to find our contact set, we’ll first need to define our parameters in a segment. Navigate to Audience>Segments
2. Click “Create a Segment”.
3. In the segment select the “+” button from the menu.
4. Select “Filter Criteria”.
5. Double click on the “Compare Contact Fields” criteria and select your LS Status field. This field is provided by Leadspace and indicates if a contact has been enriched.
6. Set the operator to "contains" and the value as "enriched".
9. Insert a Has Linked Contact in Custom Object criteria. *If your Leadspace fields live on the contact object, you'll want to insert a Compare Contact Fields criteria instead.
IMPORTANT: Ensure the join operator is “AND”
10. In this example our data lives in a CDO called "Leadspace Standard CDO". Find the CDO in search bar and select Add.
11. Double click the following screen to edit field condition.
12. Select "LS Lead Department" and set value to "Marketing".
13. Drag in three more Has Linked Contact in Custom Object criteria. We'll be setting lead level parameters here.
14. In the first Custom Object criteria, select the desired CDO, in this case, Leadspace Standard CDO.
15. Click "Add" inside of the module.
16. Select LS Lead Level, and set the operator to "contains" and the value to "VP".
17. In the next Custom Object criteria select LS Lead Level, and set the operator to "contains" and the value to "C Level".
18. In the last Custom Object criteria select LS Lead Level, and set the operator to "contains" and the value to "Director".
19. Once you've completed your criteria, it's time to group and set our operators. Click on all of the LS Lead Level criteria while holding down shift. This selects all criteria for grouping. Once they're all selected, you'll know cause they're highlighted in a blue line, select "Group".
*After grouping your segment, it should look as follows.
20. Inside of the grouping set your join operators to "OR".
21. Save your segment as "LS Update Contact to Marketing Decision Maker".
Setting Update Rules
We will now create an update rule to place Marketing Decision Maker in the Job Role field.
22.Navigate to Audience>Tools>Data Tools
23. In the initial screen, select “New Update Rule”.
24. We'll name this update rule "LS Update Contact to Marketing Decision Maker".
25. Select the “+ Add Update Rule” option.
25. Search for the field you'd like to populate with your Decision Maker flag. In this case, we'll be using Job Role.
26. Select "Ok"
27. In the blue box, set Select an update action to "Set to Value" and set the value to "Marketing Decision Maker".
28. Click "Apply"
Campaign Canvas Creation
We'll now create the workflow to enrich the defined contacts.
29. Navigate to Orchestration>Campaigns.
30. Create a new multi-step campaign.
31. Drag in a segment to the program canvas.
32. Drag in an update rule node.
33. In the segment node, search for "LS Update Contact to Marketing Decision Maker".
34. In your update rule node, search for "LS Update Contact to Marketing Decision Maker".
35. Connect the segment to the update rule node.
36. Save capaign.
37. Activate campaign.