Install Managed Package
Login to Salesforce and Install package URL:
- Sandbox: https://test.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t3m000000Y97r
- Production: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t3m000000Y97r
Select “Install for All Users" (access is controlled on the Permission Set level, so installing for all user profiles is the recommended approach).
Create Remote Site Settings
Navigate to Setup->Remote Site Settings and create 3 new remote site settings.
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab of Leadspace for Salesforce
- Right click anywhere on the page -> "Inspect"
- Enter the “Console” tab, type ”remSite()”, and press enter
- Copy the returned URL from the “https” to the “.com” (included) and create a new remote site setting
- Copy the instance from your salesforce URL
- Copy the instance from your salesforce URL
Navigate to the App
Open the App Launcher and select "Leadspace Audience Sync".
Navigate to the Settings tab and fill out the following fields.
Program Id: You should have received an email with the subject "Leadspace API V 3.0 credentials". Input the Program Id from the email.
Secret: Input the Secret from the email.
Email Addresses: Input the email(s) of whoever should receive an email when a sync job completes.
Enable Logs: Check this box to receive error logs when a sync job fails.
Click on "Test Connection & Save".
Assign Permissions Sets
Navigate to Setup->Permission Sets. You should see two new permission sets.
Leadspace Admin: Can configure app settings (Settings, Input Field Mapping, Results Field Mapping) and run sync jobs.
Leadspace Manager: Can only run sync jobs.
To assign users to a permission set, click on the permission set->"Manage Assignments"->"Add Assignments".
Configure Input Field Mapping
Navigate to the Input Field Mapping tab to define your input fields. Leadspace uses certain fields as input in order to best identify and enrich people and companies. Here is where you will tell Leadspace specifically which fields from each object to use as input for enrichment.
Click "Save" after completing the mapping for each object.
Configure Results Field Mapping
Navigate to the Results Field Mapping tab to define which fields you want Leadspace to populate the enriched data into. You have the option to either create a new field to insert the data into, or map to an existing field in your Salesforce.
To create a new field for Leadspace to populate into, select "<Create New Field>".
To populate your Leadspace enrichment data into an existing field, click on the drop-down menu and select the existing field you would like to map into.
** Important Note **
The Leadspace Salesforce Sync app is required to create three fields:
- Last Leadspace Activity Date: Last date and time the record was sent through the Leadspace Salesforce Sync
- Leadspace Error Code: Identifies if a sync error has occurred
- Leadspace Error message: Indicate the type of error that has occurred (example: server connection error, invalid input, no credits, etc)
These fields are technical validation fields and are required for the Sync app to work properly. Customers may also use these fields to help filter and report on records that have been enriched via the Leadspace Salesforce Sync. For example, Last Leadspace Activity Date "IS" <Empty> will yield all records that have not been sent through the Salesforce sync, and vice versa.
Create Sync Definition
Click on the "Sync Definition" tab to define your subset of leads, contacts, or accounts to run through the Leadspace Sync for enrichment.
Click "New" to create a new definition
Under your desired object (please note: Salesforce only supports the enrichment of one object at a time), create your first definition.
In the first drop-down, select an existing field in your Salesforce.
Then select the appropriate operator.
Type in the value you want to filter your database by.
For example, to enrich accounts in your database, you can create the criteria:
"Created Date" => "greater than" => 01/01/2018
This will create a subset of all accounts created after January 1, 2018 that you can now run through the Leadspace Sync for enrichment.
You may also use multiple enrichment job criteria, using the AND/OR filter logic between them.
To do this, click the "+" icon next to the first criteria. This will add an additional row in which you can define the criteria. Then add the additional Filter Logic below it. To make both criteria required, type "1 AND 2". To make only one of the criteria required, type "1 OR 2".
Click ‘Apply Filters’ to see the size of the audience to be synced - i.e. the number of records that meet your filtering criteria. This is the number of Salesforce objects that your synced audience will include. This is also the number of Leadspace transactions that will be consumed. Once you apply your filters, the enrichment process will begin.
Important note - every calculation of records that meets your filter criteria is consuming a single Salesforce API call.
Now that your Sync has been setup and configured, you can learn more about how to run and track enrichment's through the Leadspace Salesforce Sync here
- During setup, your administrator defines the maximum number of records that a single Sync activity can hold. If the size of your audience exceeds the number of allowed transactions for a single Sync, a message will pop up. In such a case, the filtering criteria need to be updated to ensure fewer records are included in the Sync
- Clicking ’Run now’ in the audience size calculation page will record the audience sync definition and open the Sync Definition details page. Every audience sync definition that is run creates an Activity. An Activity is the executable object of the audience sync definition, consists of all the records that were selected using the filtering criteria. Each Activity is then sent to Leadspace in bulks.
- Once all the bulks were synced with Leadspace data, the activity status is set to ‘Success’, and an email is sent to the Sync definition owner, with detailed status.
- In the event that one or more bulks were not synced successfully, the activity status is set to ‘Partial Success’ and an email is sent to the Sync definition owner.
- The duration of the sync process depends largely on the size of the selected audience. Syncing a very large number of records (top limit for the limited release is 400K records) may take up to 12 hours.
- Each activity bulk that is synced updates the related Salesforce objects immediately, so you don't need to wait for the entire activity to end before your Salesforce objects are refreshed.