Install Managed Package
Login to Salesforce and install the package (v3.75):
Select “Install for All Users" (access is controlled on the Permission Set level, so installing for all user profiles is the recommended approach).
NOTE: This package is a secure package which creates some changes Event-Based Syncs. Salesforce users that create or update records that trigger Event-Based Sync triggers will now require the Leadspace Manager or Leadspace Admin permission set. If you have any questions or concerns about this before you would like to proceed, please create a support ticket and we'll be happy to answer your questions.
Keep in Mind:
- If you are simply updating your existing package, please refer to this article: https://support.leadspace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001567400
- For first time installation, please continue below.
- Order of actions are important to keep, remote site settings, then settings tab, then permission set, then fields mapping.
Create Remote Site Settings
Navigate to Setup->Remote Site Settings and create 3 new remote site settings.
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab of Leadspace for Salesforce
- Right click anywhere on the page -> "Inspect"
- Enter the “Console” tab, type ”remSite()”, and press enter
- Copy the returned URL from the “https” to the “.com” (included) and create a new remote site setting
- Copy the instance from your salesforce URL
- Copy the instance from your salesforce URL
Navigate to the App
Open the App Launcher and select "Leadspace Audience Sync".
Navigate to the Settings tab and fill out the following fields.
- Program Id: You should have received an email with the subject "Leadspace API V 3.0 credentials". Input the Program Id from the email.
Secret: Input the Secret from the email.
Email Addresses: Input the email(s) of whoever should receive an email when a sync job completes.
- Number of Allowed Transactions: Set the limit for allowed transaction of any single job. Default is 100,000.
- Enable Logs: Check this box to receive error logs when a sync job fails.
Click on "Test Connection & Save". This should create 2 permission sets (in Salesforce Setup > Permission Sets):
- Leadspace Admin
- Leadspace Manager
Assign Permission Sets
Navigate to Setup->Permission Sets. You should see two new permission sets.
- Leadspace Admin: Can configure app settings (Settings, Input Field Mapping, Results Field Mapping) and run sync jobs.
- Leadspace Manager: Can only run sync jobs.
To assign users to a permission set, click on the permission set > "Manage Assignments" > "Add Assignments".
Configure Input Field Mapping
Navigate to the Input Field Mapping tab to define your input fields. Leadspace uses certain fields as input in order to best identify and enrich people and companies. Here is where you will tell Leadspace specifically which fields from each object to use as input for enrichment.
Click "Save" after completing the mapping for each object.
Configure Output Field Mapping
In the 3.53+ version, we split the Results Field Mapping into three separate tabs. This helps with performance on mapping the output fields
You will need to Edit the tabs (pencil icon). Add the Account, Contact, Lead Output Mapping as seen below
You can also remove the 'Results Field Mapping' tab as this will no longer be relevant
For each object/tab, you have the option to either create a new field to, or map to an existing field in your Salesforce.
To create a new field for Leadspace to populate into, select "<Create New Field>".
To populate your Leadspace enrichment data into an existing field, click on the drop-down menu and select the existing field you would like to map into.
Please note, the Leadspace for Salesforce app is required to create the following fields. These fields are managed package fields. Please note you will need at least five fields available for each of the objects (Leads, Contacts, Account) for the app to install.
- Last Leadspace Activity Date: The last date the record was sent through the app.
- Leadspace Error Code: Indicates if an error has occurred.
- Leadspace Error Message: Indicates the type of error that has occurred.
- Leadspace Record Status: Indicates if the enrichment of the record was a success or failure.
- Leadspace Related Bulk Id: The id of the bulk the record belonged to.
These fields are technical validation fields and are required for the app to work properly. Customers may also use these fields to help filter and report on records that have been enriched through the app. For example, "Last Leadspace Activity Date is blank" will yield all records that have not been sent through the app, and vice versa.
Create a Test Sync Definition
It is best practice to run one or two records through Leadspace for Salesforce to ensure that the app has been set up properly. Follow these instructions to create a new sync job, and ensure that the status of the sync job is 'Success'. You should also run a report on the records run, and ensure that the Leadspace fields have been populated.