Last verified: 4/30/2021
What is Companies by Criteria (Sometimes referred to as Segment Builder)?
- A visual, intuitive UX to easily create segments from a superior multi-source B2B Graph, including 1st party data and scoring.
- Create the best target account lists for ABM programs with a comprehensive view — including intent, tech install, and scores.
- Segments are unified, aligned, and deployable across all CDP-connected systems and flows.
- Create unified, aligned company segments by criteria that are fully embedded and deployable to CDP-connected systems and flows
- Includes “Global Parent” tab on individual company overview card showing details of the ultimate global parent organization for that company
- Distribution View displays the mix of companies across employees, revenue, industry, and location, to give users a strategic view and help them adjust before saving
HOW IT WORKS:
In Leadspace On-Demand, customers can click on “Create Segment” then choose “Companies by Criteria” under “Discover” to launch the new Segment Builder feature. Users can select various criteria like employees, revenue, industry, and even tech install, 1st party scores, and intent. Results show as criteria are added, with the ability to examine individual company records to see what kinds of data will be included. Once the segment is created, it can be easily expanded with personas at those companies and deployed to connected systems.
*Available to customers with access to Leadspace On-Demand. Subject to discovery credits.
When you start a search of Companies by Criteria and enter the segment builder, you get the list of available filters on your left side.
It contains a set of 3rd party firmographic filters along with some 1st party scores (fit and intent if those are part of your Leadspace solution) which you can use.
By default, whenever you select filters, you will see the list of companies that results from the chosen filters.
In the list view, you can see a preview of the 100 top companies.
When pressing each company’s row, the company’s line expands and you can see additional information about this company.
You can also switch to the distribution view where you can see how the list is distributed using different graphs.
Available Actions in Segment Builder:
- Slice and Dice: Slice & dice Leadspace’s company graph by applying filters to get to the segment you’d like.
- Save as segment button: Save the list of companies who met the criteria as a segment (when you save your segment, the related filter is saved for you automatically).
- Name your segment: This will be the title of the Segment card later shown in the Segments dashboard.
- Limit results: Allows the user to limit the number of companies discovered. The segment can include up to 100K companies.
- Exclude companies: Allows the user to indicate known/existing companies, and thus to exclude them from the results. This could be done in one of 2 ways:
- Choose from previously uploaded files.
- Uploading a file (which will require mapping the headers). Only supports .csv files. Mapping the headers - indicate which column has the “company name”, “company website”, etc.. Please note: the more fields a user maps, the better the results will be.
- Save Filters
- Save the current filtering for future use by clicking the “save filter” button and name it.
- Retrieve saved filtering settings by clicking the filter window and pick your saved filter. You can narrow the filter options to the ones created only by you by turning on the toggle or to the ones who have segments created / don’t have segments (only filtered list without segments).
- Expansion to people by persona: Directly from segment builder. By clicking “Discover contacts”, this action creates a segment from the current filtered list and provides a relevant contact list for this accounts segment. For further explanation about how to expand people by persona from segment builder check the Leadspace On-Demand: Discovery article with reference to the "People by Persona" section.
Upon clicking “Save”, the user would be taken back to the Segments dashboard, where a new Segment card would be created with an indicator showing progress toward completion.