Leadspace allows customers to connect to 3rd party sources for which they are licensed, such as 'Branded Data' through ZoomInfo. This article will provide details on the ZI Branded API as part of the Leadspace Enrichment offering.
Who should use ZI Branded APIs?
The ZoomInfo Person API can be used by anyone that currently has or is looking to purchase, a ZoomInfo Enterprise API license and that wants to return ZoomInfo contact data in LS record enrichments. This solution employs a 'bring your own license' model and allows ZI clients to use their existing ZoomInfo licenses to consume the ZI person & company APIs. This allows Leadspace to return enriched ZoomInfo data liked contact details for inbound and LS generated leads.
What are the requirements?
ZoomInfo requires that customers must have an Enterprise API license in order to access the ZI API and the credentials needed to setup the Branded API on Leadspace side (see 'How does the setup work' below).
How does it work?
- Leadspace will use the original input values you use for enrichment and send it to ZoomInfo.
- The input fields will determine whether LS calls the ZI Person API or the ZI Company API.
- Based on the input and upon consuming the ZoomInfo API, Leadspace will return ZoomInfo contact and account fields related to the contact.
- Once the ZoomInfo person or company API is consumed, Leadspace will return ZoomInfo contact and account data (as applicable) related to the contact.
- This data will appear in specific 'branded_sources' ZI fields upon enrichment.
Here's an input table summary that shows the input/ZI API path connection. You can find the full list of ZoomInfo branded field names here.
|LS Input||ZI API Path|
|Person Email||ZI Person API|
Person First Name +
Person Last Name +
|ZI Person API|
|Company Name||ZI Company API|
|Company Website||ZI Company API|
How does the setup work?
If you are interested in setting up this feature, there's a few pieces of information we need to gather from you to start the process.
On the Leadspace Side: Please contact you CSM directly or create a support ticket here to provide this information, or if you have any questions.
On the ZoomInfo Side: Please collect the following information from your ZoomInfo license and add it in your support ticket or inquiry:
- Client ID: Your company's ZoomInfo Client ID
User Name: Your company's username provided by ZI
Key: Your company's private ZoomInfo Key
Within: Your company's Credit Limit cadence as defined by ZoomInfo
Max Calls Allowed: The credit limit as determined by your ZoomInfo license
- Are you wanting to use the ZoomInfo Person API, ZoomInfo Company API, or both?
Once we have this information, we will complete the setup on the Leadspace side to tie your ZoomInfo license to your Leadspace Enrichment services. We will reach out to you through your CSM, or as an update to the support ticket you created.
ZI API Triggers
Next, you will need to define when you would like records to be sent through ZoomInfo. We do this by setting up triggers that dictate when a record should go through the ZI APIs.
- Send only non-Enriched records to ZI API
- Send ALL records to ZI API (enriched & non-enriched)
- Send only Enriched records to ZI API
These triggers are powered by the LS Enrichment Status value returned upon LS enrichment, and are also based on whether you are using the ZI Company API, ZI Person API, or both. Here's a table that details the triggers for each:
||Trigger by Enrichment Status||ZI will be triggered for:|
|Company||Send only enriched||
|Person||Send only enriched||
|Company + Person||Send only enriched||
|NA||Send only non-enriched||
|Company||Enriched & non-Enriched||
|Person||Enriched & non-Enriched||
|Company + Person||Enriched & non-Enriched||
We also support two additional custom triggers to add to the above enrichment status triggers. These cover 'blank' and 'not blank' values for fields. For example:
- If "person_input.email" is Blank → Do not go to ZI
- If "person.phone" (output) is NOT Blank → Do go to ZI
Note: These operate as an AND condition with the enrichment status triggers, while each of the custom triggers operate as OR conditions.
The final step is determining to which environment you will be receiving the ZoomInfo data, and whether any further mapping or steps are necessary. As a reminder, here is the link to the available ZI fields:
Hubspot / Marketo / Eloqua
- Each ZI field that you would to receive values for needs to be created as a new field in your respective MAP
- Once the fields are created, please fill out the attached template with the API Field Name of the matching fields as they exist in your MAP. This is Column B in the spreadsheet
Leadspace for Salesforce
- When LS enables the Company and/or Person API, you will see the new fields as Output fields in your Account, Lead, and Contact objects
- Make sure these fields are marked 'Active' and mapped to the applicable Salesforce field
LSOD / LS Studio
No mapping is needed
|How are credits consumed?||
1. Credits for Leadspace Enrichment are taken from your LS credit pool
2. If ZoomInfo APIs are called, ZI credits are taken from your ZI credit pool.