This article will walk through the process of using SmartForms enrichment to power an intake form created in Marketo.
For customers that have a majority (if not all) of their leads coming through an intake form on their landing page URL or Contact Us pages. And while Leadspace SmartForms will enrich the records once the data is submitted on the intake form, customers also want this information to sync over to their Marketo instance for segmentation, routing ,etc.
Customers that want to utilize this functionality will first need to have an active SmartForms integration in place. For more information, please contact your CSM or file a support ticket.
- In your Marketo instance, go to Design Studio
- Go to Forms
- Click the 'New' dropdown and go to New Form
- Add a Name and Description for your form and click Create
Building the Form
Now that the form is created, you will need to build it out with all of the fields you want to enrich when a lead completes the intake form.
Here is a list of our SmartForms fields and requirements.
- The pane on the left is where you will add your Marketo fields
- The pane on the right is where you will tie the field to the form field, in the Field dropdown
- You will need to add ALL fields that you want enriched, then use the Visibility Rules in the right pane to determine whether that field is visible as input, or hidden.
- For example, you would want at minimum First Name, Last Name, Email, and Company as standard input fields
- Fields like Confidence Level, Confidence Description, Company Country, etc. would most likely be hidden fields, just for enrichment on the backend. NOTE: Confidence Level and Confidence Description are REQUIRED and must be added as hidden fields in order for SmartForms to work.
- Once your form has all the necessary fields, click Next to go to Form Settings. This will allow you to set the look and feel of the form
- Once you have set the form to your liking, click Finish to finalize the form
- Go to Form Actions and choose Embed Code
- Embed the script tag into your landing page to expose your Marketo form
Send Leadspace the Marketo Field Names
Now that the form is created and the script has been added to your landing page, Leadspace will need the API names of the fields you used for your form fields in Marketo. We need all of the fields you used, both visible and hidden, so we can tie your SmartForms fields to these fields. This creates the link that pushes enriched data from your SmartForms to Marketo through the form you created.
- Go to Admin > Database Management > Field Management
- Click on Export Field Names
- Send the file to Leadspace, either to your CSM or via a support ticket