This article will guide you through the process of implementing Leadspace SmartForms into your new or existing forms and landing pages.
SmartForms can plug directly into your existing forms, and is also compatible with all Marketing Automation and CRM systems.
1. Choose Leadspace Fields
- First, you will need to decide which Leadspace fields you would like to add to your forms and your landing page hidden fields. These will be a list of the fields you want to enrich when the SmartForm script fires. Here is a list of the available Smartforms LS Fields.
- Please note that LS Confidence Level and LS Confidence Description are required.
2. Create Leadspace Fields in your MAP or CRM
- It's important that fields you want to use with Smartforms are also fields that can tie back to your MAP or CRM. Therefore, you will need to create the Leadspace fields you choose from step 1 in your MAP or CRM.
- If you already utilize a Leadspace integration with Marketo, Eloqua, Hubspot, or Salesforce, these fields should already be created. Feel free to confirm with your CSM or Support if you have any questions on this.
3. Create Your Form
- You may already have a form created in your MAP, or you may be creating a new form or forms as input data for the SmartForms enrichment. Either way, you will need an input form to place on the landing pages where the SmartForm script will be added.
- The data that the form collects is the 'input' data that we will try to enrich when the SmartForms script fires. These are the 'visible' fields you will create on your form
- The other fields will be hidden fields and represent the data you are going to capture as enriched data when the SmartForms integration enriches the record. Here's an example from Marketo:
- Make sure that you can see the 'hidden' fields in your browser Dev. Console > Elements. We should see a "hidden" field for every LS field you would like to see enrichment results for.
- Test your form as needed once completed
- You should have at least 4 Input fields on your form:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Business Email
- Here's a sample from the Leadspace site:
4. Publish the Form | Send URLs to Leadspace
- Publish the form to any of your company landing pages where you would like the SmartForm script to fire.
- Send a URL where the form lives to Leadspace Support (or your CSM) so we can work on the configuration on our end.
- Support will also need to whitelist all top-level domains of URLS where you will be utilizing the SmartForms script. If you have this list of top-level domains, please send this to Support or your CSM.
5. Leadspace Completes Mapping and Configuration
- Leadspace Support ingests the URL you sent from Step 4/Part 2 to identify and map the hidden fields to the Leadspace API field names. This will ensure that the fields you marked as "hidden" will populate the correct LS field data upon enrichment.
- Support may need to communication with your team who manages your content management system if there are any questions here.
6. Leadspace Generates Script Tag
- Once we complete the configuration and mapping on our end, we will generate a unique token and script tag for your company.
- This script tag will need to be placed on any landing page URL that contains your form, and from where you would like the SmartForms script to fire and enrich records.
- For best performance, we recommend you add the script tag to your landing page header or <head> section.
- If you are using Google Tag Manager, the implement of the token changes a bit. Please refer to SmartForms Implemetation with Google Tag Manager (GTM) for more information.
7. Test the SmartForms Script
- Once the script tag is added to your landing pages, it's time to test!
- Navigate to your landing page form and complete 2 tests:
- Enter First, Last, and your business email. When you enter a recognized business email domain and navigate to the 'Company Field', you should see a single result for the company domain you entered.
- Refresh the page and go straight to the 'Company' field and start typing 'Leadspace'. You should see a picklist of companies matching the input characters after you've entered 3 letters.
- You should see certain Leadspace source files in your browser's Developer Console as well.
- Go to Developer Console > Sources
- Find the sfc.leadspace.com source and expand
- You should see 3 files:
- token.js file (token will be replaced with your company's unique token sent by LS)
In order for the SmartForms script to fire on our landing page, the top-level domain of that site will need to be added to your Whitelist URLs. For example, if your form script is listed on URL www.leadspace.com/get-started, we would need to whitelist 'www.leadspace.com' in order for it to work.
If you need any URLs whitelisted, please contact Leadspace Support.
Overall Best Practices
- Add the SF script tag that Leadspace provides to the <head> of your page instead of the <body>. This can help with overall load times for the script
- First Name, Last Name, Email and Company should be set to required so visitors are forced to input this data.
- Field input 'Email' can be named 'Business Email' to encourage users to input their business email address.
- Make sure you company's cookie policies allow the SF script to fire. We have seen some instances where a landing page URL adds a character such as # that will render the script un-fireable. Please work with your Content Management System Admin if you have any questions here.
- JS files:
- JS files: