In inbound enrichment, it can become important to create filters in order to weed out the invalid data that some leads may fill out as their input information. This helps eliminate the potential for you to send fake or invalid leads through for Leadspace enrichment, which can use up credits and API calls. To reduce the number of "junk" leads, you can apply certain filters to your inbound data to ensure that only quality leads with valid input are sent through for enrichment and to your sales teams.
The following article will show you how to apply filters (in this example for Country and Email address) in a Hubspot workflow before sending the contacts to enrichment with Leadspace and how to setup the enrichment step as well.
If you already have a workflow for enrichment consider enhancing using below steps as filters before calling the Leadspace Webhook.
1. Go to Contacts -> Workflows: Press "Create a new workflow" in the upper right corner:
2. Name the Workflow, choose "Standard" and press "Create workflow":
3. To choose the enrollment triggers press "Set enrollment triggers":
4. Choose from the following list the triggers that work best for the workflow and save at the bottom of the bar on the right:
5. Press "Add an action":
6. Select "Add if/then branch":
7. Choose "Contact property."
8. Search in the search bar field you wish to use for a filter (in this case Country):
9. Press the "Country" field:
10. Choose "is equal to":
11. Type in the values of the countries from which come the companies you wish to enrich (type "Enter" between each value):
12. Press "Save" at the bottom of the bar:
13. Press the plus icon under the Yes branch:
14. Select "Add if/then branch":
15. Choose "Contact property"
16. Search in the search bar field you wish to use for a filter (in this case Email):
17. Choose the "Email" field:
18. Select "does not contain" and add the values of the domains you don't want to send to enrichment (in these case personal email domains like gmail, yahoo, etc. as well as your own company's domain so that you do not capture any internal users):
19. Press "Save" at the bottom of the bar:
20. Press the plus icon under the Yes branch:
21. Search for "Webhook" and choose "Trigger a webhook"
22. Change the method to "POST":
23. Past in the URL of the Leadspace webhook (you can copy it from any active campaign using Leadspace, or contact your Hubspot Admin in case you can't find it):
24. Press "Save" at the bottom of the bar (without check the authentication checkbox):
25. Bellow, you can find the complete structure of the workflow: