Effective Date: May 3, 2021
Leadspace is excited to announce the enhancement of the Company Match Confidence Level feature. Leadspace scores a matched record, based on the likelihood that the record is the best match to the input record.
In this article, we will review why we are changing the feature as well as any migration action for our customers.
Confidence scores previously used a numeric scale ranging from 5 and 95, in 10 point jumps, with 95 indicating the highest confidence. The numeric scale can be ambiguous with no clear indication of threshold between high and low scores.
In an effort to improve the Confidence Level feature, we are moving from a numeric scale to a bucket scale.
|OLD: Confidence Score - Numeric||
|NEW: Confidence Level - Bucket||
New Bucket Level Methodology
The old confidence score numeric was based purely on a Leadspace AI model.
As an improvement, the new confidence level bucket is based on an alignment between 3 parameters for higher accuracy:
- Leadspace AI model;
- Logic based on string similarity of the input and output of the Company Name; and,
- Logic based on string similarity of the input and output of the Company Website.
By default, we will enrich all records with a confidence level bucket but customers can work with their Customer Success Manager to customize the following:
- Change the minimum threshold to exclude score buckets (i.e. “Very Low” as an example) records from entering your system.
- Note: These records will have an LS Enrichment Status of “Not Enriched”
- Customize the bucket names.
Where Does the Confidence Bucket Apply?
- Confidence Score is only for company. When enriching a person record, we return a company confidence bucket score, indicating how confident Leadspace matched the person to the correct company.
- Confidence Score refers to the Leadspace Matched level and not the hierarchy data such as GU, DU and Site Level. If we are able to match to the correct Leadspace Matched Company, the likelihood that the corresponding hierarchy companies are the best match is also high.
- Confidence Score refers to ONLY the accuracy of the Company Match, not the individual data points. Therefore, it would be possible to have a Confidence Score of High but an incorrect Company Size value if we matched to the correct company but had bad Company Size data. (Unlikely but possible.)
Main Use Cases
- In data workflows that use only data that passes a certain threshold
- In strategic processes that require high precision data, such as annual sales territory planning
- In filtering high volumes of leads coming in through web forms and other channels, where partial input information causes low accuracy
- Leadspace enrichment will return the confidence level field in:
- Leadspace API
- Leadspace for Salesforce
- Leadspace on Demand - Enrichment and Lookalike (input companies ONLY)
- Offline enrichment
*Smartforms will not be impacted by this change and will continue to use the old Confidence Score.
Confidence Level Field
|Object||Field Name||Field Type|
|Account/Contact/Lead||LS Matching Confidence Level||Text|
Customer Action Specific by Environment
If customers do not update the FIeld Name, Field Type, and/or mapping, you will not see any returned Confidence Level values and some existing flows may no longer work.
Option 1: Update
Option 2: Create and Delete
Option 1: If you have an existing integration between Marketo and Salesforce, the field that exists in Salesforce should auto-synch into Marketo.
Option 2: If you are creating the field ONLY in Marketo, create the field and send the API Name to Leadspace Support
Option 1: If you have an existing integration between Hubspot and Salesforce, the field that exists in Salesforce should auto-synch into Hubspot.
Option 2: If you are creating the field ONLY in Hubspot, create the field and send the API Name to Leadspace Support
Leadspace will create a new field and push it to your LS_Standard_CDO by the sunset date of 5/3/2021.
You will need to update your flows and campaigns.
Contact Leadspace Support with any questions.
|API||The field is available in the API schema. Please contact your technical team to update the mapping of old and new Confidence fields.|