This flow allows Leadspace to enhance your current database records. Often times your standard fields are used for segmentation, routing, etc. so it is very important for those fields to be populated. With the Update when Blank flow this will allow for data to be updated to your standard fields only when blank. This will also help keeps your Marketing Automation and CRM data in sync if an integration is in place
How do you set up this flow in Salesforce?
The following tutorial shows how to use Salesforce.com's process builder to automatically append Leadspace data to default Salesforce.com fields.
Go to Setup > Create > Workflow & Approvals > Process Builder
1. Start a new process, set it to start when a records changes
2. Add a Criteria
LS Status is Changed
LS Status is NOT empty
LS Verified is NOT Moved
Add the field and the LS field corresponding to it (ex: Title (standard field) and LS Lead Title).
Set criteria for the standard field to IS NULL and the LS field to IS NOT NULL.
((1 AND 2 AND 3) AND ((4 AND 5) OR (6 AND 7)))
Add more OR if you have more fields you are updating.
4. Under 'IMMEDIATE ACTIONS' > add action, select update records, choose the record that started the process.
5. Criteria for Updating Records:
Select: 'Updated records meet all conditions'
Set the standard field that is being update as 'Is Null' = TRUE and the LS custom field to 'Is Null' = False
6. Repeat Action steps for every field. Please make sure to have the fields you are update in both the criteria and have the action set for each.
**For those that are picklists field types, please check with your CSMs to make sure their is Value Mapping is set up so that the fields that Leadspace is sending values that are matching your values and the flow will work properly.
7. Activate the Process.
8. Repeat all steps above for each object (ex: Leads, Contacts, Accounts).