When using a Custom Object Record in Eloqua, the process of appending data to Contact Record fields is set in the CDO setup and not with an "Update Rule", as you might expect.
To append data Leadspace populates in the CDO fields into the Contact Record fields please follow the steps below:
1. Press the "Audience" icon at the upper right corner and choose "Custom Objects":
2. Open the drop-down next to the CDO name on the left bar and choose "Custom Object Record Services":
3. Open the drop-down of "New Data" and choose "Edit Service Actions":
4. In the popup window, choose "Add Processing Steps":
5. In the second popup window choose the "Save to Contact Table" Step:
6. In the Description bar, call the step "Append Leadspace Data to Contact Standard Fields - Verified":
7. Press "Add Processing Step":
8. Set the Required Parameter as follows:
9. In the Optional parameters, you may choose the Contact fields you'd like to populate and with which Leadspace fields you want to fill them.
To choose the Contact field, open the drop-down and select the Contact Record field and Press "Append":
10. To choose the Custom Object Record field that will populate the Contact Record field, after pressing "Append" open the drop-down next to the chosen field.
11. You may choose to populate Leadspace Data into any field you see fit:
12. On the last setup section, you may decide when to execute the step. We recommend to set the terms as follows:
This setup will guarantee that Eloqua will append the Leadspace data in the Contact Record fields, only when Leadspace verified the contact has not moved.