Leadspace Studio now offers the ability to deploy your Person and Company Studio Segments directly to your Account or Lead standard objects in Salesforce. This article will provide an overview of the setup process, and how to utilize the Deploy to Salesforce functionality.
If you are interested in enabling this Studio integration, please contact your Customer Success Manager or file a support ticket.
Setup & Configuration
Leadspace will need to work with a Salesforce System Admin with your company from which all Deploy to Salesforce activity will be attributed. This means the Salesforce Created By field will show the name of the authenticated Admin on every record created by deployed segments from Studio.
In this example, Andrew Davidson is the System Admin authenticated for the integration, and the date/time stamp is when the segment was deployed from Studio:
The rest of the setup will include the following:
- LS will setup a call or email thread with SFDC System Admin
- LS will send SFDC System Admin an authentication request to sign into the SFDC env.
- LS and System Admin will complete Leadspace --> Salesforce Field Mapping
Once the authentication and mapping are complete, Leadspace will need to make sure the proper company users have access to the Deploy To SFDC option. Access is provisioned on a user-by-user basis.
What segments can be deployed?
All person and company segment variations can be deployed to Salesforce as long as the segment has the required field(s) needed by Salesforce to create the new record.
These requirements are imposed by Salesforce as their minimum criteria to create a lead or account record in SFDC:
Company Segments: Must have a Company Website value to map to the Salesforce Website field.
Person Segments: Must have a Person Email value to map to the Salesforce Email field.
As long as the required fields are in the file, the following segments can be deployed to SFDC:
- Ingested Person and Company segments
- Enriched Person and Company segments
- Discovered Company and Person segments
How to use Deploy to Salesforce
All provisioned Studio users can easily deploy person and company segments in Studio to Salesforce. Simply click on any person or company segment and choose the 3 dots to the right of the segment, the choose Deploy-->Salesforce.
- You will then see the Deploy to... screen where you can choose your ID field mapping and map to standard SFDC fields (optional):
- System: SFDC
- Salesforce ID Type:
- For companies, this will always be Website
- For person(s), this will always be Email
- Map Leadspace ID Field: Allows you to choose from fields in your segment column headers to map to the required Website or Email SFDC ID Type.
- Actions: Current options is ONLY to create new accounts in SFDC
(Toggle) Map standard fields: When enabled, allows you to choose up to five standard fields in SFDC to map to LS field data from your segment.
NOTE: This will override SFDC first-party data with Leadspace data for these fields. Also, Account Name and Website are required by default when this is enabled.
- Once you are done with your selections, click Deploy.
|The deployment process will now communicate with your Salesforce environment and check to see if the company website or person emails exist in your Account or Lead database. If they already exist, the deployment process will ignore these records. If they do NOT exist, the deployment process will create the Account or Lead respectively.
- You will then be taken back to the Segments section where you will see a DEPLOYING status on your segment:
- If you mouse over the DEPLOYING icon, you'll see the status. You can also see the date/time stamp of the deployment start time in the "DEPLOYED TO" section of the segment:
- Once the deployment is complete, you will receive an email notification with the details of your sync. The email will include the name of the segment deployed, the number or records synced, and links to the deployed segment in Studio:
- You will also see a deployment status on the segment:
- DEPLOYED: Full segment has been deployed to Salesforce
- PARTIAL: A portion of the segment records have been deployed
- FAILED: The deployment failed
More on Deployment Statuses
Here is a more in depth look at the different statuses you will see when deploying to Salesforce:
- Segment deployment is In Progress
- Default status after segment is first deployed
- Full segment was deployed to Salesforce.
- All records in the Studio segment were created as new Accounts or Leads in Salesforce.
- A portion of the segment was deployed to Salesforce.
- Some, but not all of the records in the Studio segment were created as new Accounts or Leads in Salesforce.
- Most common reason for this is some of the records in the segment were already in Salesforce and therefore, not created.
- Segment failed and no records were deployed to Salesforce
- Most common
What do the records look like in Salesforce?
Records that are deployed to Salesforce can be easily identified using the Lead Source and Account Source fields in the respective Lead and Account objects.
- Records in company segments deployed to Salesforce Account object will have the Account Source = Leadspace.
- Records in person segments deployed to Salesforce Lead object will have the Lead Source = Leadspace.
Using the the Account/Lead Source field(s) plus the Account/Lead Created Date as filters, you can easily create a report to show the records created from a deployment from Studio.
You can also use the Created By filter and use the name of the System Admin who authenticated the connection.
Recommendations & Best Practices
Here are some recommendations that will help you get the most out of the Deploy to Salesforce feature:
- Leadspace recommends you deploy segments no larger than 250K records.
- The larger the segment, the longer to process. Our tests show a processing time of around 5 hours for 250K records.
- Using Deploy to Salesforce to update existing SFDC records is not currently supported.
- Using Deploy to Salesforce to use person segments to create Contact records is not current supported.