Last modified: 12/14/2020
- Ensure that your file is saved in a plain CSV file, UTF-8 encoded.
- If you try to upload files in other formats, you will receive an error.
- Ensure that there are no dots (.) in the file name.
- "Enrichment 121218.csv" -> OK,
- "Enrichment 12.12.18.csv" -> NOT OK
- Ensure that there are no duplicate column names in your file.
- Ensure that there is no text wrap formatting in your file.
Ensure that the Company Name does NOT equal the Person First Name and/or Person Last name. This will result in an invalid input result.
- If you are using a file exported from Salesforce or another CRM, trim the file of unnecessary columns that you will not be using for mapping.
Max File Size
Enrichment Leads\Accounts: 90MB
Discovery Suppression: 270MB or 1 Million Rows Max
LAL-Suppression: 260MB or 1 Million Rows Max
Tips & Tricks
- Try renaming header values in your enrichment or suppression files if you receive an error during upload. Some Excel formatting can carry over when saving as a .csv file
- Copy/paste your file into a new Excel document. This can also help to clear any hidden formatting that may be causing issues
- Non UTF-8 / invalid characters in a single value in your file can cause upload failures. If you suspect this is an issue, do the following:
- Open you .csv file in a plain text editor like Sublime or Notepad++
- Update the encoding on the file to UTF-8 and save
- Upload the updated file in Studio/LSOD
- Import the .csv file into a new Excel workbook as a Plain Text file, choosing UTF-8 encoding.