Unification is a brand new feature that Leadspace offers. Unify allows users to create - from one or more input segments - a unique list of people or companies' profiles, clean from duplications and enriched by LS sources - Graph and BYOL sources (e.g., Zoominfo), in addition to users' first-party data (including CDI).
There are 3 ways can create a new unified segment:
- Segment tab > clicking on "Create New" Button > Clicking on "Unify."
- From anywhere on the platform, clicking on the "Unify" Tab
- From the segment list on "Segment tab,> picking specific segment > opening the actions dropdown menu > clicking on the "UNIFY & SEGMENT" button
By using the first two options mentioned above, the User will initiate a wizard that will guide them through the required steps to create a new unified segment:
- Defining segment type - People or Company
- Providing a unique segment name (mandatory)
- Provide a general description for your segment (optional). It will appear in the segment details.
- Add tags by typing values and clicking "enter" (optional). It can be used later for search.
By clicking on "Continue," the User will be forwarded to the "Unify Canvas," a dedicated screen that allows dragging and dropping segments the User wishes to unify and setting the unification configuration.
Selecting Input Segments
- The User must provide at least one source as an input and up to 10 max (including exclusion sources).
- The User can add inputs to the canvas in two ways:
- Uploading a small file (up to 10MB) on the fly - using "Quickly upload here." The file can be saved for future use as a segment or only used for the current flow.
- Dragging and dropping, one by one, segments that appear on the onst at the left side of the screen.
- Note: All four segment types (ingested, discovery, enriched, unified) should be available for unification.
- Just add it to the canvas to suppress a segment and mark it as "excluded." (See screenshot below.)
4. The segment name, tags, and description can be edited on the right side at this stage.
5. Illustration (on the right side) is aimed to differentiate between inclusion and exclusion sources + relative file sizes and doesn't represent the actual overlap in numbers of records.
6. Enrich With - all sources that the customer's data is enriched with by default - according to the configuration in the Admin UI (not clickable, not removable).
On the top of the page, there are two settings components for "Advanced" and "Filters":
- By clicking on “Filters,” a new pop-up window will be opened, allowing the User to configure the required filters.
- There are no limitations on # of filters users can add.
- Supported operators:
- “Contains”/ “not contains” (allowing multiple values)
- Supported values - Text only (currently, numbers will be read as text as well)
- Supported fields for filtering:
- Template fields (including BYOL sources etc..)
- Custom fields
- Dynamic fields are not supported. (The only exception is if the input sources are unified segments.)
- Fields are categorized into buckets:
- System Fields
- Custom Fields
- Additional LS Fields
- The “Advanced” option currently contains only Blending
- The feature allows the user to determine the order of sources that will populate the output fields of the unified segment.
- The blending occurs by the source level and not field specific.
- All Input sources appear according to the following order:
- LS Graph
- Unified segments
- Discovery Segment
- Ingested segments
- The option to Add new source will be available only if the user chooses to remove one of the sources from the blending order.
After finishing the configuration, the user should click on the “Unify” button to send the request. Then the user will immediately be directed to the segment tab and will be able to see an indication that the segment is being created.