In inbound enrichment, it can become important to create filters in order to weed out the invalid data that some leads may fill out as their input information. This helps eliminate the potential for you to send fake or invalid leads through for Leadspace enrichment, which can use up credits and API calls. To reduce the number of "junk" leads, you can apply certain filters to your inbound data in order to ensure that only quality leads with valid input are sent through for enrichment and to your sales teams.
Below are a few recommended filters that you may want to consider adding to your inbound marketing campaigns.
- Missing First or Last name
- Fake names, common are NULL, NA, A – these are commonly applied when a name is mandatory
- Personal email address such as Gmail, Yahoo, MSN, att.net
- IP address, if you do not sell outside the US put in a filter to not enrich any non-US IP address
Once you have applied these filters to your inbound leads, we recommend that you review the results and audit your leads to ensure that you have right filters in place. The best way to do this would be to:
- Look at all your Leadspace enriched leads and create a smart list of "LS Status" IS NOT "Enriched"
- Take a look at the leads with the “LS Status” = Error and review their input information
Review the input information of the leads that went through the Leadspace webhook, but were unable to be enriched by Leadspace and ask yourself the following questions:
- Beyond the recommended filters, what type of inbound traffic are you seeing that is not being successfully enriched by Leadspace?
- Based on these leads, does it make sense to apply any other filters in order to avoid sending these leads through the webhook and therefore routing that data to sales?
Some more advanced filters you may wish to apply after enrichment takes place:
- After enrichment takes place from Leadspace you may have Industry, Revenue or Company size fields available that now provides insights the records are not in your space. Post enrichment apply filters to not send these to your sales team
- If you are using enriched data fields for routing but only want to send a record to sales if a behavior score is above ‘x’ value